Continuous innovation and improvement
All employees pursue excellence
Board of Directors
The functions and operation of the Board of Directors comply with these regulations and relevant laws.
All board members should possess the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to perform their duties.
- Composition and Duties
- Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation
- Major Resolutions of Board Meetings
- The Company has established the “Rules and Procedures of Board of Director Meetings” according to the law. The functions and operation of the board are implemented by these regulations and relevant laws. The capabilities that the board of directors should have as a whole are clearly stipulated in Chapter 3 “Enhancing the Board of Directors' Functions” of the “Corporate Governance Best Practice Principles”, as a basis for diversification of the board of directors.
- The nomination for, and selection of, the board members are carried out by adopting the “candidate nomination system” stipulated in the Articles of Incorporation. Aside from each candidate's education and experience qualifications, the Company also takes into account stakeholders' opinions and the compliance with the “Procedures for Election of Directors” and “Corporate Governance Best-Practice Principles”, so as to ensure diversity and independence among board members.
- According to Paragraph 2, Article 20 of the Company's “Corporate Governance Best-Practice Principles”, all members of the board shall have the knowledge, skills, and literacy necessary to perform their duties. To achieve the corporate governance ideals, the Board of Directors as a whole shall possess the following abilities:
|Abilities required of the Board of Directors|
|Ability to make operational judgments||Ability to perform accounting and financial analysis||Ability to conduct management and administration||Ability to manage crisis|
|Knowledge of the industry||An international market perspective||Ability to lead||Ability to make policy decisions|
Board members' professional background
|Board members' professional background|
|Title||Name||Major experience and education||Position concurrently holds in other companies|
|Vice President, Sales Department||Yang, Ying||
|Independent director||Lieu Der-Ming||
|Independent director||Huang, Lai-Fu||
On August 8, 2018, the Company's Board of Directors adopted the “Rules for Performance Evaluation of Board of Directors”, which stipulate that the board members and the unit responsible for organizing board meetings carry out a “Board of Directors Self-evaluation” at the end of each year to assess the performance of the “Board of Directors as a whole”. The evaluation comprises 20 evaluation indicators across five aspects, namely, extent of participation in the operations of the Company; improvement in the Board of Directors' decision-making quality; composition and structure of the Board of Directors; election and continuing education of the directors; and internal control. The evaluation results are presented in either of the following five ratings: Very satisfied; satisfied; good; to be improved; and dissatisfied/out of control.
2022 Laser Tek Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation
2021 Laser Tek Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation
2020 Laser Tek Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation
2019 Laser Tek Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation
2018 Laser Tek Board of Directors' Performance Evaluation